Monday, March 30, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! I have been thinking about starting this blog for at least 6 months and am just now getting it together. For the last few years I have been wanting a hobby and not sure what. Now I am really getting into sewing and am having so much fun.

It began with me when I became a "Happiest Baby On The Block" educator. The first S in the techniques taught stands for swaddling. Being an ob nurse it had always been my instinct to wrap my babies. One of the best shower gifts I received when I was pregnant with Caleb was from a lady who had made me 5 or 6 "receiving blankets". They were so much better than anything you get in the store because they were square in shape and were a good size. When you are in a store look at the sizes of the blankets, they aren't typically square (usually something like 30" x 40") and aren't big enough to swaddle a baby properly. I used those same blankets with both Caleb and Elton on a daily basis for at least the first 7 months of their lives. That is why I got pregnant with Oliver I knew my project for him was going to be new swaddling blankets (42" x 42" is the recommended size). Last year I purchased a serger so that I could make blankets with nicely finished edges that weren't bulky. You can find blankets in specialty baby stores for $25 a piece!! So not economical for new parents and yet such a needed item!

The next thing I knew was that I was figuring out how to make matching shaped burp clothes. Then I started making ribbon blankets and my latest item since January is Ring Slings. I am now making all my own baby gifts for friends that are expecting and selling stuff too! This blog is going to be where I put up new posts on what I am making with pictures. I hope you will stop by here to see what I am up to and if any of you want to order anything from me please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment