Monday, March 30, 2009

Ring Slings



















































Here are some of the ring slings I have made. I just started making them in January after I saw a local store selling them for $90-$125!! When I got online and checked it out, that is what a name brand ring sling will cost to buy. With Caleb and Elton I used a Baby Bjorn carrier. I liked it, but found that it really pulled on my neck and shoulders. I just discovered slings right before I had Oliver and was eager to try one out. Now I have to say I am a sling junkie. I started with a pouch sling. Pouch slings are wonderful, but have to be measured for and fitted very carefully. The ring slings provide more adaptability for size and can be worn by more than one wearer.
Slings can be used from newborn up to a toddler that is 35 pounds. Newborns can be placed in the sling in a cradle hold or breastfeeding position. As baby grows you can switch to tummy to tummy hold, kangaroo, and at about 6 months of age a hip carry position (that is the position Oliver is in in these pictures). I am finding the slings to be so much more comfortable and versatile than my Baby Bjorn. Usually I can sell them for $40 if I can get the right price on fabric. I custom order the sling rings which are tested to hold 250lbs. I am amazed at how many I have sold so far!









No comments:

Post a Comment